Thursday, January 7, 2010

Week 1: The blogs to come

(Listening to: Devils Dance Floor by Flogging Molly)


In my previous blog posting, I told you all about how I was starting my externship at school. Well, for those of you wondering what and externship is, it will be my way to get myself out there and start being what I want to be when I grow up!
I was lucky enough to get a teacher who was willing to collaborate with me and place me in a completely unique externship to fit my talents. This is the first week of my externship and I am so very excited!
What I will be doing specifically for this externship, is continuing this blog and writing in it much more frequently. My teacher, Chef Evil we shall call him (on account of his mad scientist behavior at times) will be sending me all around Oklahoma to different restaurants. I will be reviewing one special dish at each restaurant and providing my opinion, along with other customers opinions and even some back history on the dish.
If one week he decides not to send me to a restaurant, I will be going to work under some of the great and interesting chefs of the state. Possibly working in a bakery one day, with an ice sculptor the next week, and trying an exotic dish at a hole-in-the-wall restaurant the next.
I have 22 weeks on my externship
22 assignments
and 44 blogs to post.
I will be posting a blog early on in the week letting all of you know what the assignment is and then a second blog for that week letting you know how it went!


FOR THIS WEEK:
I will be eating (my favorite hobby) at Golden Phoenix restaurant in Oklahoma City.

It is a smaller restaurant located in the Asian district. The dish to try is CRISPY PEKING DUCK.

A dish I have never tried and don't know how I feel about. Duck, I am okay with... Its frying the poor duck's skin and munching on that which gives me the willies. Scott will be my partner in crime for this adventure and we will be dining there tonight! Wish me luck and keep checking back to see how it goes!!


Ill write soon and be thinking of you all as I eat the carcass of a defenseless little birdie!

No comments:

Post a Comment