Friday, November 13, 2009

In the beginning...There was food

(Listening to: 'Blue Eyes' By Mika)


And food is love.
A warm welcome to all of those being forced to read the very first post of 'Weekly Sweets' and also to those of you bored enough to read it without knowing me. You can call me George, as so many in my life do and i hope that as you read this little blog i have started, you laugh, cry, and learn to love food as much as i do.

I guess that i should start at the beginning of my very silly adventure. I, after much thought and daily phone calls from my very subtle father, decided to go to pastry school. On the first day of school the class went 'round the room stating names, where they were from and why they decided to go to culinary school in the Pastry Arts program. I listened as goals to open bed and breakfasts, bakeries and cake shops were met with a respected smile from the Chef who would be teaching us. When my turn came i felt a bit embarrassed when the Chef looked at me like a crazy person when i stated why enrolled in school..... I really liked to eat.
For those of you reading this that are now smiling knowingly....screw you. You don't know me! And for those of you who don't actually know me.... those smiling people are right. I am slightly crazy.
A bit of background on myself just so you know what you are getting yourself into:

-I'm a shortie. When i filled out the paperwork for my drivers license this year and put 5'2" the lady that took my picture laughed. out loud. and asked me how tall i really was. She laughed!!! Are they allowed to do that?

-I LOVE art. I paint with oils, sketch with pens and pencils and use charcoals. I am wanting to learn to sculpt better and feel sorry for my boyfriend Scott who is living with me and my thousands of pictures that are now taking up every square inch of wall space in our house.

-From Laguna Beach, CA. which i love and will always hold a special place in my heart. I intend to return after my many adventures some day.

-Currently living in Oklahoma. Lots of cows here.

-Am 22 years of age. Nothing funny about that.

- Also enjoy wine, cheese, movies, music, great conversation, laughing, long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, presents hidden for me throughout the house, surprise bouquets of tiger lilies, exotic pets, expensive cars, diamonds, bricks of solid gold.... sorry. Getting carried away.

Oh, and as a side note: If you don't speak sarcasm fluently, you should probably just click the little red X at the top right corner of this page and never return to Weekly Sweets.

Okay! Now that i have successfully scared away 7 of my 10 readers, my intent for this blog is really to talk about art, food, drink, and life for a student in culinary school.
I will be finishing school in December of this year and only have about a month and a half left. After that i will be going out to complete an externship and get hours under my belt to become certified. I will be blogging as much as i can and will be reviewing much of my experience in school since i did not start this from the beginning. I hope that you will follow and read and some day will vote for me for mayor.

Thank you all for suffering through this first post with me. I promise they will get better.
Maybe.

-S.George


1 comment:

  1. george my love,
    i cannot tell you how excited/proud i am that you have started a blog! now i can stalk you both private and publicly, so very convenient. i will read your blog and salivate every week as i am off in the land of the thais and totally missing all the foods we hold so dear, mainly CHEEESE!!!
    i love you so much and this makes me so happy!
    write on! write on!
    love, d

    ReplyDelete